Ragging is not a means of familiarization orintroduction with freshers.It is a form of sadistic/psychopathic behaviour. Itis a violation of human rights.
Ragging is a heinous crime, severely punishable under law. Ragging may spoil one’s career forever. All measures for prevention of ragging are being taken on the Bhavan’s College campus as per the Anti RaggingSuprem Court verdict 2007.
- Any disorderly conduct whether by way of words (spoken or written) or through an act which has the effect of teasing or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student or an admission aspirant student.
- Indulging in acts of indiscipline which cause or are likely to cause annoyance, hardship, anxiety or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in fresher or junior student.
- Asking a junior or fresher student to do something or perform any act that amount to harassment--something that a student would not do in an ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Asking a junior or fresher student to copy and/or prepare notes, lend money or any other act that may adversely affect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Any act of corporal contact, touching, pushing, thrashing, scratching, beating or any physical harm caused to fresher or junior student.
Who is a Culprit?
Any student or group of students who tries to harm or intends to harm directly or indirectly, a fresher or junior student as pointed out above is an offenderand liable to be punished befittingly.
Any student or group of students who are involved directly or indirectly with those found responsible for objectionable acts/behaviour that amounts to ‘Ragging’ as pointed out above is an offender and liable to be punished befittingly.
Actions to be taken by the college against those who are found involved in Ragging
- Immediate suspension from the college
- The incident will be reported to the police station for further procedure
The student has to sign and submit an anti-ragging affidavit at the time of admission/at the beginning of the semester . The parent also has to sign and submit an anti-ragging affidavit